Sunday, February 8, 2009


Sleep fails me
My eyes wander
And run laps around my eyelids.

A simple night's rest is shattered
By a stray thought.
My mind runs restlessly within its private insecurities. 

Doubts run with noisy sticks held strong
Endlessly rattling my fence of comfort.

As light had turned to darkness
So once again, through bent blinds
Morning beckons.

I still fight the losing battle
Against my burning thoughts of panic.

My alarm sounds
It laughs boldly.

Oh how I thought I had stood a chance tonight.

That this night could have been different.
Different from the endlessly stacked nights
That had itched and scratched their way
Through to the morning's break.

And tomorrow I know
Wholeheartedly

That I must again limp my way
To the battle field of torment

And pray skyward that sleep

    Will for once

          Grace my soul.


-Victor Tinsdale



3 comments:

Myke said...

Nice job Victor.

"Doubts run with noisy sticks held strong
Endlessly rattling my fence of comfort."

I really like those lines. And the last three as well.

Jacqueline Francis said...

grace.

Victor Tinsdale said...

Thank you very much Myke. I wholly respect you, and i say that from the bottom of my heart!