Monday, October 27, 2008

Reflection



Life proves to be a curious trip
Said I as I sat down
Just When I think, boy, this is it!
Everything turns around.

Should hope be lost,
Should I give up,
Or try a little more?
All this feels so familiar,
For I've been down this path before.

If life proved itself to be so simple
Would I be content?
Or does it prove its own true value
Through its storms and self torment?

If a riddle solved itself
Then I'd be puzzled nevermore
And if my life came with an answer key
My life would be a bore.

So perhaps through all my struggles,
I'll discover who I am
And maybe while I think I walk alone,
I'm in a greater plan.

A plan that molds me here and now
Builds men from little boys,
That teaches me the stings of pain,
And temperamental joys.

I pray that there is something more,
That love in sooth, is true.
And that it works for everyone
For me, and not just you.

You see I've come out on the bottom
Time and time and time again,
And with what started out as nothing
Lies the ash of fallen friends.

Which brings me hither pondering
Still sitting by the way,
Should I bring end to my tomorrows?

...Or continue on astray?


-Victor Tinsdale




No comments: