Tuesday, November 25, 2008



Be prepared! They always told me,
Truth be told, though, they were boring
Always doing what was told
Never happy, always cold
Always playing by the rules
Never running by the pool
Looking both ways before crossing
Always brushing, always flossing
Sitting still and being quiet
If they're fat they start to diet
Never wanting to be free
Never Caring about me

Which leads me to my point of pondering
Does life have value without wandering
Through the good and through the bad?
Through beams of joy and thorns of sad?
Without regret of dreams unspoken?


For stronger hearts are those once broken.


...But do not think I dare to say
That seeking sin is a-ok,
If you stumble, then get up
Get a move on, don't get stuck
Be the best that you can be,
But know that lunch is never free
Life takes its toll of blood and sweat
Some expectations never met,
But wounds will heal and tears be sewn
Errors fixed,
And unknowns known.

In truth all that I wish to say
Is go outside,

    And live

       Your life

           ...Today!


-Victor Tinsdale

1 comment:

Grace H. McClain said...

Victor, you sure do gleam with positivity! I love that about you!