Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lost Love Archive 1



Across the room I looked at you

Within my heart I pondered

If you would ever look at me

And have your thoughts so wander

I felt that I could never be

The twinkle in your eye

I wasn't in your interests

And I knew you'd pass me by.


But you took the first step toward me

And you visited my home

And though I saw you there,

I knew I'd end the night alone.


But in a final effort

As the evening's end was near

I found you and I talked to you

And faced my deepest fear.


I figured I'd be no one

And you'd probably brush me off

Say your ride was waiting

And leave with an awkward cough


But you responded, almost startling,

Catching me far off my guard,

You were kind and bright and caring

And made me feel quite up to par.


And so our story started,

And our paths we'd blazed were one

And I find myself so grateful

That that's the way it all begun.



-Victor Tinsdale



No comments: