Sunday, November 29, 2009



Never again
Will the echoes of my past
Dampen the brightness of my future.

My wings,
Though still mending,
Are spread wide.
Progress, though once only an option,
Is now inevitable.

I pass valleys of memories
Over streams of doubt,
Through clouds of regret,
Slowly rising above all ill tempers,
Past bitterness
And toward the warm sunrise of hope.

I look back these last few moments only to extract
The lessons to guide, strengthen, and ensure that,
Come the day I embark upon a similar journey,
And as the pathways grow familiar,


I will be wise.


Pits that once ensnared will be avoided,
And wrongs once ignored will be confronted.
The strings of my heart, mind and spirit,
Once tangled in feud,
Will slowly conform, communicate and understand
That each of the three cannot and will not
Truly love without each other.

Now as I move,
Now as I soar,
As I purge my heart and open it once again
As the years progress, and as I rise and fall and rise once more,
I know that I am wiser,
That I am stronger
And that as I once again commit myself to another,

That I am today a new man
Built upon a sturdier rock,
A stronger foundation,
And a heart of gratitude
For the wonderful person you,
Whoever you may be,
Are

And the incredible people
That we,
Whenever our paths cross,
Will become.


-Victor Tinsdale


No comments: